Scottish Rite Childhood Language Program
This program offers comprehensive evaluations to assess:
- Reading decoding and comprehension
- Written expression
- Oral language (understanding and expression)
- Memory and cognition
- Social language
Who is eligible?
- School age children, with limited access to special education services through their LEA (Local Education Agency) suspected of having or who have been diagnosed with a disorder in oral language, reading, or written expression.
If you suspect your child is having difficulty:
- Contact our office 252-744-6104 to notify our staff of your interest in our program
- Download and complete the packet below (Case History, Parent Questionnaire, School Questionnaire). Please read associated materials.
- Children 8 or older are required to have psychological testing including IQ and achievement testing prior to being scheduled
What will I get from this evaluation?
- A comprehensive written report
- Specific strategies and resources to support your child based on individual needs
- Recommendations for any further evaluation or treatment
Once we have received and reviewed your completed packet, we can place your child on the scheduling list and you will be contacted to schedule your child’s evaluation as soon as slots are available.
A $50 administrative fee will be collected at the time of your child’s evaluation.
Evaluation slots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Expect to be on a wait list.
Parents of children who are already receiving special education services or who are in the intervention process through their LEA should consult with their child’s IEP or intervention team for information regarding eligibility for or changes in services.
The comprehensive nature of this testing generally requires TWO testing sessions approximately 3 hours in length.
Graduate student clinicians are integrated into this program as a part of their clinical practicum experience.
The Scottish Rite Foundation supports this valuable program. ECU Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic is one of two Scottish Rite supported programs in North Carolina.
If you have benefited from this program, please THANK the Scottish Rite.